2.14.2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day. I certainly did. Because Mel had the day off from work due to her working this upcoming weekend, I took a vacation day. Since we were able to take Emma to daycare, we had the day to spend together without having to worry about her. Mel got me some really good presents for Valentine's Day. One of the presents was something I expected, a bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans. I just love those. She also got me a RAGBRAI XXXVI cycling jersey. It won't ship until May, so I won't receive it until then. She also got me a stuffed pink and red dragon from Hallmark named Bernice. It sings and flaps its wings as it plays music. It is really cute!

After dropping the VUE off at the Saturn dealership late this morning to have a squeeking problem diagnosed and repaired, the two of us went to Olive Garden for lunch. Following lunch, we went to the Wehrenberg Galaxy 16 Cine to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I really enjoyed the movie, but I did have one question about the plot. If you don't want the plot spoiled, you should not read the remainder of this paragraph. Anyway, I was wondering why the President wouldn't have just said that he and Gates were exploring the passageway from the beginning, instead of waiting until the end of the movie, when Gates had already been arrested fr kidnapping him. I suppose it wouldn't have had the same dramatic tension if he had.

After the movie, we went back to the Saturn dealership to pick up the VUE. It had its front strut upper bearing replaced. I have no idea what exactly that means, and I'm just reading it from the service invoice, but it was covered by warranty, so the repair cost us nothing. That's one good thing about having purchased a brand new vehicle.

No comments: