3.24.2006

Welcome to Texas


I have decided to start providing some background information on the Photo of the Week. I actually had to scan this week's photo as it's from December 1997, well before I ever seriously thought about getting a digital camera. This is a photo of me at the Texas welcome center. I graduated in college in December 1997 and I got a job teaching at a high school in Rosenberg, Texas, a suburb of Houston. I only stayed there the remainder of the school year before moving back to the Midwest. My first teaching job really didn't work out all that well; I replaced a teacher who quit mid-year because she couldn't deal with the crap she was putting up with from the students. While I didn't care for the job, I did like some aspects of living in Texas. Sometimes I think I should have given the job another year to see if it got better, but in retrospect I am glad I didn't. For if I had stayed there, I wouldn't have met my wife.

No comments: