9.08.2004

I Just Love the Phone Company

A few days ago, I got a letter from Qwest, which provides both my local phone service and my long distance service, informing me about how they are going to better meet my long distance needs. Apparently, charging me more money is how they will provide me with better service. In the letter I received they said, "In our effort to deliver the best value and remain competitive, Qwest is implementing fees of $2.99 per month that will affect your account beginning October 1, 2004." So, charging me an additional $2.99 per month will give me a better value? In the letter, they do show me how they are a better deal than both the AT&T One Rate 7 Cent Plus Plan and MCI Nationwide, but I can get an even better deal by canceling my long distance altogether and using my cell phone for all of my long distance calls, which is what I have been doing anyway. It was just nice to have the long distance on the landline phone for emergencies.

While I'm at it, maybe I will just disconnect my landline phone completely and go entirely cellular. That seems like a big step though, and I'm just not sure that I am ready to cut the cord.

No comments: