1.18.2011

The New HDTV

On Wednesday last week, we picked up our new high-definition television from Best Buy. After setting it up, it was nice to have a TV where the entire screen worked as intended. This morning a Comcast installer came and connected our HD cable service. I am amazed by the difference! The colors are so much more vivid than with our previous TV. When the screen is white it is so bright. And when it is black, it really looks colorless. I have found that reading the fine print in ads is much easier as the words are much more crisp than before. One drawback I have noticed so far is that these are some things that I really did not need to see in high definition. For example, the commercial with the guy carrying around the giant flask of uric acid is a bit more disgusting now than it was in standard definition. Overall though, I am sure we will enjoy watching TV in high definition. Now we just need to get a Blu-Ray player.

No comments: