3.16.2010

Trip to Cedar Rapids

Last weekend Mel had a bridal shower to go to in western Iowa. She took Max with her so her bride-to-be friend could see him. This gave me a great opportunity to go to Cedar Rapids to visit friends who I hadn't seen in about a year. I took Emma to my mom's house in Waterloo on my way to Cedar Rapids. There I stayed with my friend Bill. The two of us went out to eat Friday night to Metro Buffet. The food was pretty good, although I still thin it was better several years ago.

Saturday morning, Bill and I drove around Cedar Rapids, seeing the sights. We even went to Westdale Mall. Surprisingly the mall was quite busy. There was some charity walk going on in the mall. If that were not the case, I would guess that the mall would have been dead as it still seems to be less than half occupied.

Saturday evening, Bill and I got together with our friends Jeremy and Jason. Jeremy is getting married in a couple of weekends, so we had a bachelor party of sorts. This entailed us driving to Coralville where we had dinner at Old Chicago. This was followed by miniature golf at Colonial Lanes in Iowa City and pool at Gus' in North Liberty. The whole evening was over before 10:00 when we headed back to Cedar Rapids. Some of us are just too old to hang out very late these days.

I left Cedar Rapids to get Emma from my mom around noon. Emma and I then headed home.

No comments: