11.25.2009

Another One Bites the Dust


Tiger Barb 1
Originally uploaded by MewissaPR
I am now down to five fish in my aquarium. This morning, after giving the fish their food, I looked around the aquarium to see how my fish were doing, but I could only locate one of my two tiger barbs, much like the one pictured here. I quickly noticed something sitting at the bottom of the tank next to one of the fake plants. It was mostly just some white, flaky stuff. I soon realized that it has a bit of a tail on it. It was one of the two tiger barbs! I am not sure if it died on its own or not, but it was obvious that my surviving fish had a late-night snack of tiger barb last night. I wonder how long the remaining tiger barb will live. Hopefully the larger fish in the aquarium leave him alone.

2 comments:

Tristachio said...

My mom used to have these type of fish that would suicide leap out of the back of the tank and get stuck between the wall and tank until their bodies were discovered. Every single one out of 30 did it. I called them "Sucicidies"

Anonymous said...

Tiger barb are known to nip at each other, and i think when it gets down to a small number they increase this. Not sure if they nip each other to death, but it could be possible!