7.01.2008

Put Out Those Cigarettes

Iowa's ban on smoking in bar, restaurants, and myriad other places went into effect at midnight this morning. Now I will be able to go to out to eat in Iowa and not have to specify that I want to sit in the no smoking section. Also, I will be able to go to an Iowa bar without leaving smelling like smoke. Of course, I am moving to Minnesota, which already has such a ban, on Thursday, so I guess I will not benefit from this much. It will make going to a bar during RAGBRAI nicer though, although I am not sure how will the law will be enforced then. It seems like the great number of RAGBRAI participants far outnumber the number of law enforcement personnel around. I hope they do enforce the law, but I have seen numerous other laws broken during RAGBRAI, so I guess we will just have to see.


No comments: