11.09.2007

RoughRiders Hockey

Tonight I went to my first Cedar Rapids RoughRiders hockey game. In fact, except for a hockey game of one my of eighth graders several years ago at the Coral Ridge Mall, this was the first hockey game I ever attended. It was fun, but I think I should read up on the rules of hockey before going to see another hockey game. It would probably be even more enjoyable to watch if I understood everything, or even most, of what was going on. Unfortunately, the RoughRiders lost 4 to 2 to the Omaha Lancers. We went to the game tonight because Mel's work got tickets for employees and their families who wanted to attend. We plan on going to another RoughRiders game next month with one of Mel's coworkers, Penny, and Penny's sister, a former student of mine and a former coworker of Mel.

Prior to the hockey game, Mel and I went to dinner at Applebee's. Unlike the previous time we went to Applebee's, I ordered dinner from their WeightWatchers menu tonight. The meal was quite tasty, and it wasn't too bad for me. Unfortunately, we were delayed in getting our check because the people at the table behind use had an awful lot of questions for the waitress, so she couldn't get us our check right away. We ended up arriving at the hockey game just as it was about to begin.

No comments: