11.01.2007

Embassy Suites

Despite the fact that I haven't been sleeping that great, I do like the hotel that we are staying at, the Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Airport. They serve a really good breakfast each morning with made-to-order omelets available. The lunches we have had at the hotel have been really good. I've heard that today's lunch is grilled chicken and grilled salmon. I am really looking forward to the salmon. Then, each evening from 5:30 to 7:30 is the Manager's Reception in the hotel atrium with free drinks. I have been limiting myself to no more than two drinks at the reception. Despite that, I think I am still going to be returning home from this business trip at least ten pounds heavier! I have no plans on weighing myself until my next regular weigh-in day though, next Wednesday.

One problem with staying at the hotel near the airport is that I haven't really seen Atlanta at all. I could be staying in a hotel in any city for what I have experienced being here. After arriving at the airport, I took the shuttle to the hotel. I did leave the hotel Tuesday night with a group of my coworkers to walk to a restaurant, Joe's Restaurant and Bar, for dinner. This is the only restaurant within walking distance from the hotel, aside from the hotel's own restaurant of course. But I suppose that is a common issue with business trips, as the last trip I went on, to Philadelphia, was quite similar. At least with the last project I worked on, we drove to our destination, so we had a rental car and were therefore able to get out to a wider variety of places to dine.

No comments: