4.19.2009

Dinner and a Trip to Iowa

My aunt and uncle from Chicago are in the area for the weekend, so my mom came up to the Twin Cities to see them. She arrived Friday afternoon and watched Emma for the evening so Mel and I could go out to eat for dinner. One of the people from where Mel works took a group of employees and their guests to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I have a couple of problems with the Cheesecake Factory. First, their menu is so big that I always have a hard time deciding on what I want to eat. I ended up choosing the Louisiana Chicken Pasta. Of course, the same problem also comes up when it comes to choosing what kind of cheesecake to have after dinner. This time I chose the Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake. The other problem I have with the Cheesecake Factory is that the portions are so huge. Fortunately I was able to restrain myself and stop eating before I stuffed myself with my entrée, leaving myself some food for dinner on Saturday night.

On Saturday, we all drove to Ankeny, Iowa, for a birthday party for two of my nephews. It was quite a lot of driving for one day, about seven and a half hours altogether, but we had a good time. Since Emma has had quite a few presents to open recently for her birthday, I was worried about how she would handle seeing presents that she did not get to open. At first she wanted to open them, but I got her to sit on my lap. When she was there, she did really well. Emma must have really tired herself out at the party as she slept the entire way home. It was a little more difficult getting her to bed last night than it usually is, but not too much more difficult.

No comments: