2.21.2006

Horrible Service!

My friend Bill came to Iowa City to meet me for lunch today. He picked me up from work at noon. Wanting to get lunch without too much of a wait, we went to a restaurant fairly close by – Bob’s Your Uncle on Dodge Street in Iowa City. It’s a sit-down restaurant, but I’ve gotten lunch pretty quickly there before. Well, they did not appear to be overly busy when we arrived and we were seated immediately. We had been sitting, deciding what to order, for over fifteen minutes and no one had come to take our order. They didn’t even bother to ask us what we wanted to drink! I don’t think I have ever had such bad service at a restaurant. At that point, we just got up and left. We ended up eating at Taste of China, which was quite good. Right now I am not sure if I will go to Bob’s Your Uncle to eat again.

No comments: