9.29.2008

Fun Weekend

We had a fun, and busy, weekend! It all started Friday night when Mel, Emma, and I went to the Mall of America to do a little shopping and for dinner. Emma needed a few more pairs of long pants, and we had a coupon for Carter's, so we got her a few pairs of pants there. Afterwards, we went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. I thought the food was a bit pricey for what it was. I guess we were paying for the atmosphere. And my sandwich was good, but not great. I thought it needed more sauce on it.

On Saturday, my sister came over to ride with us to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. We only live less than ten miles from her, but we hadn't seen her for quite some time. Anyway, we had an enjoyable time. Even Emma seemed to enjoy herself. We saw several performances--mostly comedy acts and then the jousting as well. A couple of the comedy groups we saw were The Mud Show and Puke and Snot. Both shows were good, but I thought Puke and Snot was hilarious, although I was surprised at how many of their jokes dealt with politics. It was funny nonetheless!

As if seeing my sister on Saturday was not enough, we got together with her again yesterday to go to the Minnesota Twins game. That was a fun game to go to. The Twins beat the Kansas City Royals to maintain their half game lead in the American League Central division. Now if the Chicago White Sox lose to the Detroit Lions in their makeup game today, the Twins will have the division title and head to the playoffs. Of course if the White Sox win, then they will have to play the Twins in a one game playoff for the title. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

4 comments:

Nelle said...

I don't know if you know this, but the original Snot died about a week before the fair opened. The guy doing Snot is a really close friend of the performing pair. Glad to hear that there show went well. I couldn't make it up there this year and was hoping that it would still be a great show to see.

Anonymous said...

It was the Rainforest Cafe, not Rainbow.... piratemel

Aaron said...

Actually Nelle, I was aware that the original Snot had died recently. It was all over the news up here. The show did go on quite well though. Puke even made a few jokes about picking the replacement.

And Piratemel, I have no idea how I made that error. Anyway, it has been correct now. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

did you mean corrected?? piratemel