2.13.2013

I Need to Lose Weight

This morning when I stepped on the scale I learned that my weight is 245.8 pounds. This is the most I've weighed in a very long time. This gives me a body mass index of 30.5, which puts me in the obese category, although barely as obese is defined as having a body mass index of 30 or more. Needless to say, I am not happy with this weight. I do not feel at all healthy.

I am immediately going to make some changes to my life to help to remedy this situation. First of all, I am going to start paying much more attention to what I eat and will record my calorie intake. This is probably the biggest thing I can do to help myself lose weight and become more healthy. Secondly, I am going to stop drinking soda for at least the next 46 days. After that, I may drink an occasional soda, but I will not return to my current usual 44 to 100 ounces of soda each day. While this soda drinking has been limited to diet soft drinks, those still are not good for my health.

My goal is to get my weight down to 199 pounds. This would result in me having a body mass index of 24.7, which is in range that is considered normal. I have succeeded in getting my weight down to 199 pounds in the past, although it has been almost five years since my weight was at this level. I do believe I can do this though once again.