3.11.2007

Replacing Computer Parts

As I write this blog entry, the software that came with out new Sony DVD+R 18x drive is being installed on our computer. Last week, the Philips DVD R/RW drive that came with out Dell Dimension computer stopped working. It would open up upon starting the computer and it would not close. I tried a few different things, such as reinstalling the drivers for the drive and reconnecting the cables, but that didn't work, so we bought a new drive today. So far it seems to be working just fine. I am always quite pleased with myself when I manage to upgrade or replace parts on the computer without messing things up.

1 comment:

Brent said...

CD/DVD drives fail all the time. Congrats on getting your new one working! They are the most undependable hardware on your computer.